[thelist] newsreaders and news aggregators

apathetic timbooker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 07:58:06 CDT 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:43:56 +0200, Aaron Wormus <aaron at wormus.com> wrote:
> Not really answering the question, but the "Killer" RSS reader is
> Firefox's Live Bookmarks feature (available in Firefox 1PR).

I'm afraid I couldn't disagree with you more.  I find the RSS support
in Firefox clumsy, at best.  It feels like the FF developers wanted to
get RSS into the application quickly, and the integration with the
bookmark list was the route chosen because it required the least
possible effort.  Reading trunkated headlines in a browser sub-menu
with no indication of date isn't very comfortable or useful.

The integration of RSS with the new version of Thunderbird, however,
has a lot of potential.  At the current version, though, the RSS
reader still needs huge improvements to the user interface.

Tim

--
www.hyperlinkage.com - Free online RSS news reader
www.apatheticgenius.com