[thelist] Caching: PHP or Clientside

Mr. Tenuta dtportnoy at videotron.ca
Thu Sep 23 13:44:59 CDT 2004

Thanks Matt!

That's a perfect idea. I could set the output into files and use includes if
the modification date of the file is older than x time. Just checked if we
could do that with php and it seems so with filemtime. I'm sure it'll be
worth the time to do this before launch rather then after launch, even if in
the end we don't get the estimated traffic. It is somewhat a personal
project so I'd want it to be prepared for anything.

Out of curiousity, how would I go about triggering a script every n hours?
This would be a server task set somehow? Our server is on win 2003 i
believe. If you know of a way or program that lets you do this, please let
me know.

Thanks a bunch for the insight :)

Lawrence Tenuta @ neoDesignz
http://www.neodesignz.com