[thelist] Caching: PHP or Clientside

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 14:02:36 CDT 2004

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:44:59 -0400, Mr. Tenuta <dtportnoy at videotron.ca> wrote:
> Out of curiousity, how would I go about triggering a script every n hours?
> This would be a server task set somehow? Our server is on win 2003 i
> believe.

I have never had to do this on a Win machine. I have heard you can do
it with something called AT. If you were on *nix, you would just set
up a cron job.

In reality, though, this could be set up anywhere. It doesn't have to
be on the server that the script is on. You just need some machine
somewhere to call this script every n hours. There are also sites
which will set up these kinds of cron jobs for you for free.

--
Matt Warden
Miami University