[thelist] PHP - CGI Installation - CGI error

Mark Joslyn Mark.Joslyn at SolimarSystems.com
Thu Sep 23 18:32:02 CDT 2004

I have a PHP page containing a login script: username, password, submit
button.

On ($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] == 'POST'), I run a bit of code that consumes
a web service, handles errors and if successful redirects the user the next
page:

header("Location: dRep.php?a=$ggID&s=$ppID");

Randomly, I am getting the following error:

<begin error>
CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of
HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

</end error>

It appears that PHP was unable to output anything...

This error is hit and miss - I have read a little about a potential bug with
PHP that it is too slow to keep up with IIS running on a fast computer (my
machine is fast).

Has anyone come up with a solution, or work around to avoid this error
message?

Thanks,

markJ