ASP on IIS6 (opposite question; was RE: [thelist] ASP.NET on IIS 5?)

Shane Miller smiller at callcenters24x7.com
Thu Sep 23 22:28:53 CDT 2004

Hi,

It was tedious because when we locked down the machine just before taking it
to production, we really locked it down --- I don't recall exactly what we
did but it was extensive, much more than the normal procedure.  We didn't
anticipate wanting classic asp to run on that machine, ever.  And, we made
the decision to enable it after it went into production.  It's normally a
simple procedure, but --- anyone who has been an NT administrator for long
knows things don't always go as expected.  So we couldn't simply run basic
reinstall procedures without bringing services down for awhile, which we
wanted to avoid.  Eventually what I did was find a Knowledge Base article
that detailed default file permissions, but for Windows 2000, but I was able
to adapt that to our Windows2003 Server.  We didn't document much as we
went, but I posted to a newsgroup, I'll see if I can drum it up and will
reply to the list as it contains some more detail on the problem.

Shane Miller
http://www.callcenters24x7.com