[thelist] ATOMZ To End Free Search -- Other Options?

Carolyn Jewel Carolyn.Jewel at LEGACYNET.COM
Fri Sep 24 12:12:50 CDT 2004

ATOMZ has just sent a message that it's going to include Google Ads to
the small sites that now use ATOMZ without charge. The Ads will be based
on the keyword search entered. While I sure appreciate the years of free
service they have provided sites like mine, I can't have Google or any
other Ads on my search results.

So, are there any alternative free search sources that do not have
advertising for sites smaller than 500 pages? Are there any inexpensive
sources?  If not, are there any installable search programs that I can
manage that will also search PDF files (free or paid)?

Same issue here, so I looked around. The free ones either had ads or
were too limited. Spiderline had a very cheap, very limited package.
FreeFind seemed to have the best combination of price, features and no
ads. Since Atomz had no way for free users to upgrade to a paid service
and they seem to have no interest in talking to me on the phone, I
signed up with FreeFind.

Carolyn J.