[thelist] Recipe Website

Gary McPherson lists at ingenyus.net
Sun Sep 26 19:04:50 CDT 2004

----Original Message----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Russ
Sent: 27 September 2004 00:36
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] Recipe Website

> Hello,
>
> I've been charged with finding a PHP/MySQL-based
> install-and-run type of website that would basically
> handle/manage recipes with multiple users, if possible.  I
> know that quite awhile back there were some ColdFusion
> examples (and those are NOT ruled out at this point in time),
> but I was wondering if anyone had seen anything for PHP.
> Low/No cost would be preferred.
>
> Thanks in adavance!
>
> Russ

I'm not aware of any recipe-specific systems out there, but it I don't
imagine it would take much to turn an established CMS like PhpNuke/PostNuke
etc to your needs. All free, many are very well supported with large, active
communities and they also give you the scope for future expansion should you
ever need it.

Check out http://www.opensourcecms.com/ for a list of many open source
offerings.

Hope that helps,