[thelist] suggestions on automating navigation bar generation from a site m ap???

Joe Leech joe.leech at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 09:25:47 CDT 2004

> I know this seems backwards.. as part of a site redesign we are looking for some
> way of automating the generation of navigation bar headers (for about 100k pages)
> that would keep them consistent with a site map.

I have done something similar on a site I have produced.  Using CSS
you can do it.  I have a nested list that I use for the navigation
that is also used as the sitemap. I use the CSS to display certain
options depending on the page context.  Not my idea but one I read
aobut here:

http://www.hicksdesign.co.uk/journal/271/highlighting-current-page-with-css

joe

Email me off-list if you'd like the url of the site I've used this technique on