[thelist] DNS funkiness with my domain?

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Mon Sep 27 19:30:53 CDT 2004

Hi,

This is quite odd. You are saying that when you do:
http://64.207.186.16
you get your local website? Not your remote website? And you get your local
website even though you have deleted Apache and mySQL on your local machine?
That's a bit hard to believe.

What happens if you do a tracert to 64.207.186.16? Does it trace correctly?
If so, then it would appear that the content on that site is not what you
expect.

What is your local IP address(es)?

I just visited that IP address, and it has a single entry from 23th Sept
about needing to do an upgrade - is that what's supposed to be there? Is
that what you're seeing?

Cheers
Ken

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Dell'Aringa" <pixelmech at yahoo.com>
Subject: [thelist] DNS funkiness with my domain?

: I'm in the process of moving my domain to MediaTemple from my old
provider. I got my account set
: up today, and I got an ip address for it so I can begin playing. The IP
is: http://64.207.188.16/
:
: I installed Word Press there, and the associated mySQL db and everything
was peachy.
:
: Now, I had on my desktop a dev install of wordpress as well, say called
dev.p.com. I did an
: upgrade on wordpress which went fine, and then BOOM - everytime I attempt
to hit
: http://64.207.188.16/, I get the stupid DEV install on my local machine!
:
: Ok, so I do an ipconfig /flushdns and restart. No luck. I DELETE the
apache and mysql directories
: and my computer - NO LUCK! Where in the world can it be pulling this from
is beyond me, but it
: thinks its pulling it from the DEV install or something. I get no
stylesheet either, so something
: is funky. If I try and ping the dev site, I get nothing, but I can ping
the http://64.207.188.16/
: just fine.
:
: I had set my dev.p.com localhost IP in my HOSTS file so I could just use
the name, and that was
: the first thing I deleted, again, no luck. I'm out of ideas and no windows
expert - any ideas? Why
: I could see it one second and not the next is beyond me...