[thelist] Tip: "Invisible" CSS Buttons

Karl Jacobs Karl.W.Jacobs at aero.org
Mon Sep 27 18:40:54 CDT 2004

On Sep 27, 2004, at 4:03 PM, Paul Bennett wrote:

> M. Seyon wrote:
>

>> What does the text say? Won't it show up if people disable the
>> stylesheet? Would be interested in seeing the page this is deployed
>> on.
>
> me too

Still currently in development......

>> Why not just use a transparent gif instead of text as your link?
>
> because he wants the link to be accessible to screen readers I think,
> although could that be negated by a title attribute??

Actually, hadn't thought of a gif, allthough I suppose that would work
too.  Since it is the link to the homepage, I wanted the screen-readers
to pick it up. (There will be a text-link in the page footer as well,
but I figured it would be good to have it in the top as well.

The reason I didn't just place it as a banner graphic and link that is
that I have a "search my site" field floating on the right, and the
background runs underneath it.