[thelist] "Invisible" CSS Buttons

evolt.sarahwbs at xoxy.net evolt.sarahwbs at xoxy.net
Tue Sep 28 07:38:21 CDT 2004

> Actually, hadn't thought of a gif, allthough I suppose that would work
> too.  Since it is the link to the homepage, I wanted the screen-readers
> to pick it up. (There will be a text-link in the page footer as well,
> but I figured it would be good to have it in the top as well.
>
> The reason I didn't just place it as a banner graphic and link that is
> that I have a "search my site" field floating on the right, and the
> background runs underneath it.

This tecnique sounds very similar to [0]Fahrner Image Replacement - you
might want to look into that for suggestions on improving your
technique, and to find out the pros and cons of using the technique.

[0]
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=fahrner+image+replacement&btnG=Search

--
Sarah Sweeney  ::  Web Developer & Programmer
Portfolio  ::  http://sarah.designshift.com