[thelist] Any Firefox experts? (updating firefox)

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 09:42:17 CDT 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 07:01:35 -0700 (PDT), Tom Dell'Aringa
<pixelmech at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm running 0.9x of Firefox. I want to upgrade to 1.0. The last time I upgraded all my extensions
> and add ons got blown to heck. I know I can export/import my bookmarks, but how do I keep the rest
> of my configurations without having to redo everything?

As not all of the extensions have been updated to Firefox 1RC, I am
not sure this is possible. Whenever I upgrade, I uninstall the old
version of firefox before installing the newer version. I have never
had a problem with bookmarks though. Making the move from 0.9.x to
1RC, the new version picked up my bookmarks fine. It even tried to
update all of the extensions that I had installed. Only one failed -
bookmark synchronizer (still waiting for it to  be updated).

Not sure if that helps.

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd