[thelist] Re: ATOMZ To End Free Search -- Other Options?

Michael Harrington mike0351 at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 28 16:42:45 CDT 2004

Take a look at FreeFind (http://www.freefind.com/). The paid ad-free
version starts at $5 per month for 250 pages. It is customizable. You also
get a site map and your visitors can select from three different layouts.

You can try the paid version search at http://www.hopehousedaycare.org/web.htm .
[thelist] ATOMZ To End Free Search -- Other Options?
Pat Meeks pmeeks at msn.com
Fri Sep 24 01:38:35 2004

ATOMZ has just sent a message that it's going to include Google Ads to the
small sites that now use ATOMZ without charge. The Ads will be based on the
keyword search entered. While I sure appreciate the years of free service
they have provided sites like mine, I can't have Google or any other Ads on
my search results.

So, are there any alternative free search sources that do not have
advertising for sites smaller than 500 pages? Are there any inexpensive
sources?  If not, are there any installable search programs that I can
manage that will also search PDF files (free or paid)?

Many thanks...
Pat