[thelist] Sharepoint help

Chris George cgeorge at basecorp.com
Wed Sep 29 11:00:28 CDT 2004

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone on here has Sharepoint experience. I'm
relatively new (been a user for about a year, now I'm being charged with
the "Sharepoint Expert" title), but have been given the task to find out
if we can extend the functionality of some of the areas.

Specifically, I'm looking for a dropdown/ drilldown style list that we
can integrate into certain forms (such as adding Issues). For example:

First dropdown links to a database table with the following:
Fruit
Vegetables
Meat

Choosing fruit populates a second dropdown:
Apples
Oranges
Pomegranates

Etc.

I would like to know if it's possible/ how hard it would be to modify
Sharepoint, or if components like this are available for purchase (we
have the capability in-house to create these from scratch, but are busy
enough that it would be in our best interest to consider purchasing).

Also, would this be classed as a "web part", or is this a sub-component
of one, or ???

HUGE tia!

Chris.

--