[thelist] sending mail to someone youve never met before

Steve Lewis nepolon at worlddomination.net
Thu Sep 30 21:24:47 CDT 2004

Alex Beston wrote:

> so if I was getting people to look at a site ive made about time travel
> or rose pruning, what would be a good way to get attention without it
> appearing like junk?
<jest>
Use lots of exclamation points!!!!
</jest>

Unless these folks signed up on an affiliate's website, and that
affiliate got authorization from the user to share their addresses,
you are spamming them, IMO.

If you are not genuinely spamming them, the email ought to come from
the affiliate website's contact address and should also indicate the
name of the affiliat's website in the subject.

--
Steve Lewis