[thelist] XStandard vs. HTMLArea

Tim Burgan email at timburgan.com
Wed Oct 6 07:04:33 CDT 2004

Hello,

I'm creating a content management area for a website I'm building.

I'm thinking of using XStandard [1], HTMLArea [2], or a similar
alternative in the form of a Java Applet.

   1. I cannot understand how to install or get XStandard working. Do I
      need ti install the software on the server? I cannot do so as I'm
      using a 'shared hosting' account.

   2. Does anyone know of a free Java applet alternative?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

[1] <http://www.xstandard.com/>
[2] <http://www.dynarch.com/projects/htmlarea/>

Thanks for your time.

Tim

--

 Tim Burgan.
 Website Development & Graphic Design

 E <email at timburgan.com>
 W <www.timburgan.com>

 : I recommend you upgrade your browser to Mozilla Firefox
 : <http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/>

 : Pure Omega-3 Pharmaceutical Grade Fish Oil
 : <http://www.pure-non-toxic-fish-oil.com/>