[thelist] Fluorescence on screen

Mike evolt at muinar.com
Wed Oct 6 08:39:30 CDT 2004

At 14:05 06.10.2004 +0100, you wrote:
>Dear List,
>
>Stupid question number #4,106 (and please bear in mind I'm a web design
>newbie):
>
>Is it possible to get a computer screen to display fluorescent
>colours?  Like the kind of shining yellow or pink you get from a
>highlighter pen?

Hello

Since the screen actually is an active source of light, the display of the
colors is already much brighter than on paper. You just need to turn down
the other colors in your design  ;)

For instance, try to combine the colors suggested by my previous poster with
dark grey #444444, and it looks very 'fluorescent'. Or if you put them on a
light grey background, it might look like a marker pen on a sheet of paper.

Regards

Mike

_____  mike s. krischker  http://webdesign-schweiz.ch/