[thelist] Fluorescence on screen

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 08:56:43 CDT 2004

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:44:19 +0100, Chris Kavanagh <chris at logorocks.com> wrote:
> > Try a pure yellow or a pure green. Those two colours have always
> > looked rather similar to a flourescent, highliter marker to me. The
> > best way to reproduce that would be use pure colour and then to turn
> > the saturation up to 100%.
>
> Stupid question no #4,107: what's a pure colour?

Sorry about that. To me, a pure colour is one that does not contain
any other colour. So a pure yellow is just that, nothing but yellow
yellow - #ffff00
green - #00ff00
pink - #ff00ff
red - #ff0000 (although not very flourescent)

and so.

If you are looking for colours, then I highly suggest visiting this
web application:

http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

It is one of the best that I have seen for picking colours for web designs.

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd