[thelist] Wiki Recommendation? - Update

Dan Romanchik dan at danromanchik.com
Wed Oct 6 09:31:47 CDT 2004

A while back, I asked for wiki recommendations. By far, the most recommend
was WikkiTikkiTavi  ( http://tavi.sourceforge.net/). People praised it as
being easy to install, and indeed it is.

I also installed QwikiWiki, and would recommend it over WikkiTikkiTavi for
several reasons:

1. It doesn't require a database to run. You give up history information,
and that may be important in some applications, but the simplicity of not
needing a database probably outweighs
2. A nice feature that QwikiWiki has is that you can attach files and images
to QwikiWiki pages. I don't think you can do this with WikkiTikkiTavi pages.
3. QwikiWiki features are better documented than WikkiTikkiTavi features.

Hope that helps!

Dan