[thelist] send HTTP authentication from PHP page?

Theodore Serbinski tserbinski at washsq.com
Wed Oct 6 14:24:32 CDT 2004

> It seems like either one of us may have misunderstood the question.
> It sounded to me like Theodore wanted to use PHP to get the contents
> of another page which was protected by HTTP authentication.

Actually, I wasn't trying to get the contents of the file. Sorry for the
ambiguity in my post.

When users are logged into our intranet, I want them to be able to goto
our webmail address and be logged in automatically. Right now, when you
click on our webmail link, MS Exchange asks for the username/password
combo. I wanted to make this connection seamless in PHP which would
already take their logged in username/password and send this to MS
Exchange so they could see their mail without logging in again.

Looks like this won't work though, unless of course I'm implementing it
wrong. Thanks!

ted