[thelist] Remote Desktop Logoff problem

Ken Schaefer ken.schaefer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 20:24:39 CDT 2004

Seems like you have a Windows issue here. Troubleshooting this may be
fairly involved (for example, you do not mention if you have this
issue when logged on interactively, nothing from the event logs is
mentioned, Dr Watson logs not mentioned etc) - suggest you try a
Windows list.

There is one here:
http://www.sunbelt-software.com/community.cfm (NTSysAdmin) that you
could try - there are probably others that may be more suitable.

Also, if this is a server OS, you should be allowed two incoming
administrative RDP connections. Use the second connection (or, if
these have both been used up and if this is Windows 2003, connect
directly to the interact desktop session). Then use the Terminal
Services Administrative Tool (in your Admin Tools folder) to terminate
the unused/hung connection. That'll save you rebooting the machine.

Cheers
Ken