[thelist] send HTTP authentication from PHP page?

Ken Schaefer ken.schaefer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 00:16:46 CDT 2004

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 21:40:39 -0700, Courtenay <court3nay at gmail.com> wrote:
> (Apologies for the trite reply before..) but is there a PHP
> functionality for the Coldfusion cfhttp tag?
>
> Basically this little gem allows you to code a HTTP request (in the
> middle of a page) that performs an HTTP get or post, complete with
> username/password, and saves the output of that request to a variable,
> which you can display or stream to the client.

I mentioned this as a possibility before - basically your CF server is
acting as a reverse proxy. All the major app programming environments
(PHP, ASP.NET) have similar functionality.

But, reverse proxying Exchange OWA is not going to be a trivial operation :-)

Also, I don't see whether that tag supports any authentication scheme
other than, presumably "basic" authentication.

Additionally, if using Basic and SSL, how does this tag handle server
certificates that contain authentication errors? Eg the cert is signed
by an untrusted root certification authority?

Cheers
Ken