[thelist] ASP.Net... VB vs C# ??

Gary McPherson lists at ingenyus.net
Thu Oct 7 09:32:41 CDT 2004

----Original Message----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Casey Crookston
Sent: 07 October 2004 15:17
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] ASP.Net... VB vs C# ??

> Just curious... I'm a classic ASP guy trying to get my mind
> around ASP.NET (no longer in my early 20's...)
>
> I thought I would teach myself ASP.NET in VB, which seemed to
> make sense, but whenever I google a problem the examples are
> always given in C#.  Why is it the C# seems to be the
> preferred language?  And should I keep learning in VB and then try to
> re-learn in C#?
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Casey

There are supporters of both languages, rather than shoving my own opinions
on you, here are a couple of links that may give you some further insight
into which to continue developing with. You can Google for "C# VB.NET
language advantages", which will throw up many more instances of the debate.

http://tinyurl.com/48nru
http://tinyurl.com/3r4dd

Regards,

Gary