[thelist] ASP.Net... VB vs C# ??

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Thu Oct 7 09:40:10 CDT 2004

Casey,

   I'm right there with you, man... at least I was a few years ago.

   For what it's worth, I still favor VB because of the intuitive nature of the language -- and my early work in VBScript and VB.  However, it's good to know the syntax for C# as well (I can manage because of all the Javascript work I do).  As for why the examples are in C#, well, C# is Microsoft's new baby.  They want to push it, just like they want to push ASP.NET 2.0 and try to ignore version 1.

   If you're conversant in both languages (both of which have the same grounding in the framework), you'll be much more able to deal with the multilingual landscape of .NET.  Oh, and just for the record, there are still a *heck* of a lot more VB.NET coders than C# coders.  So don't worry too much about it if you pick one language to start with.

For what it's worth...

Peter