[thelist] Site Check (OSx Esp)

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Thu Oct 7 10:58:56 CDT 2004

Message from Richard Pemberton (10/7/2004 10:53 AM)
>Hi all,
>
>I could do with some fresh eyes on
>
>www.intelligence-direct.com

Hi Richard,

I'm running into issues. Running IE5.5 on a Win2K box on a nice fat
corporate pipe. Might be my lower resolution, I'm only running
800x600:

* it took quite a while to load.

* top graphic gets cut off for me ... I see "supporting creati" ...
and then it's cut off.  Ah! It's probably my choice of resolution -
the menu extends further to the right than the content. I suppose
it would look and work really nice ... but not with my 'default'
settings here.

* is this the 'peekaboo' bug? If I minimize the browser window (or
change focus to another window - like writing this email for example)
and then bring the site window back to focus, I get a completely blue
screen and then the content slowly (and I *mean* "slowly") 'paints in'.

* it doesn't 'scroll gracefully' for me... the site gets all choppy
and jumbly if I scroll horizontally or vertically ... and then, once
again, slowly, 're-paints'.

Could be just some standard IE5.5 issues, I'm not sure.

HTH,

RonL.