[thelist] Perl vs PerlScript (clueless newbie)

Sean G ethanol at mathlab.sunysb.edu
Thu Oct 7 11:59:51 CDT 2004

Howdy,

Crawling out of my microsoft-induced haze, I'm setting up MySQL and Perl on
windows 2003.  (baby steps :)  I have some trouble I think is related to
semantics.

My understanding is Perl is the framework or language, and a perl script is
a program.  (Yes, I know there is a difference between a script and a
program.  I just painting with broad strokes here.)

My questions is, what is the difference between a 'perl script' and
'PerlScript'?

I'm looking for server side execution requiring nothing from the client
beyond a web browser, which I think means Perl.  On the other hand
PerlScript is executed on the client, and on windows requires something like
ActivePerl, right?   Am I even close?

Please, don't make me go back to vb!

TIA,

Sean G.