[thelist] hiding floats (CSS)

Ben Yates byates at emich.edu
Thu Oct 7 18:41:12 CDT 2004

I've got a page where each consecutive DIV has a varying-width left-side
graphic, and I'm using empty floats to push the text to the right and
prevent it from overlapping that graphic.  It works well when the DIVs
are long enough (  http://www.bluehairgroup.com/index.php?p=2 , for
example) but when they're too short, one DIV's floats will extend below
that DIV, overlapping the next one and messing everything up (
http://www.bluehairgroup.com/index.php?cat=10 ).  Any ideas?

(Disclaimer: the site is still very much unfinished; I haven't even
tested it in Internet Explorer yet -- I'll do that at the very end,
since I have a good idea of what needs to be hacked -- so I assume it's
fairly nonfunctional in that browser.)