[thelist] visitor logs for Flash website

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 23:10:24 CDT 2004

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 23:13:32 -0400, M. Seyon <evoltlist at delime.com> wrote:
> Please pardon my ignorance as I've never really worked with one before, but
> how does one track visitor usage for a website built solely in Flash?
>
> Sure, the webserver will recognise each time someone requests the flash
> file itself, but would there be any way of tracking requests for certain
> "pages" within the file on the server level or would the flash app itself
> need to have something built in to do this?

The flash app itself would have to have this built into it. There is
no way for the web server to peak inside of a Flash app and track what
is doing or where a user has been.

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd