[thelist] Perl vs PerlScript

David Siedband technique at oceanicsky.com
Fri Oct 8 04:40:00 CDT 2004

I have a slightly different take on 'Perl script'.  Perl is a scripting
language in that it is interpreted at runtime and does not need to be
compiled.  So any Perl code is script.  Code that actually does
something is a program ;)

Semantics aside, in daily speech, I say script to refer to a program
that is similar in scope to a shell script or something that does a
quick data manipulation.  I would refer to a web application in coded
in Perl as a program rather than a script.
--
David

($do || !$do) && undef($try); # Master of Perl, Yoda is. Hmmmm?