[thelist] Question re: domain name ownership

Gary McPherson lists at ingenyus.net
Sat Oct 9 00:26:06 CDT 2004

----Original Message----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Scott Wolpow
Sent: 09 October 2004 04:31
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: RE: [thelist] Question re: domain name ownership

>> In what language?
>>
> English.
> I think I can use SSI, is there another way?
> Scott Wolpow

By "language", I was more thinking along the lines of whether you wanted an
example in ASP, PHP, ASP.NET, etc.

I'm not completely sure I understand what you're after - is it purely to
pull the name of the server's domain and display it on the page? I don't
believe you could do this in SSI, you'd need to use some server-side coding.

If it's that simple, an example in ASP would be something like:

<h2>Welcome to <%=Request.ServerVariables("server_name")%></h2>

If I've gotten the wrong end of the stick, or you want an example in another
(programming!) language, then detail what you need further.

Regards,

Gary