[thelist] Re: XML RDF validator

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 10 15:34:10 CDT 2004

On Sunday, October 10, 2004, at 04:05 AM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 11:13:07 -0700, Diane Soini <> wrote:
>> I've found a few XML validators for validating RDF files online, but
>> is
>> there one I could download and run locally? I need to provide a way to
>> validate an RDF file to my co-workers while I'm on leave and the file
>> in question is on our intranet, behind the firewall.
>
> If you are using html-kit as an editor, there is a plugin you can
> install I've used that works pretty good:
>
> http://www.chami.com/html-kit/plugins/info/hkxmlv/

I think most of my co-workers use XML Notepad. XML Notepad cannot even
open the file if the option to 'validate on open' is checked. This
doesn't mean the file isn't valid. It means XML Notepad can't handle it.

Probably just opening it in IE would be good enough since as long as it
doesn't have flagrant errors it seems to work fine, even if there are
less obvious errors that would make it not validate. I think I could
live with an invalid document for a few months.

Diane

> --
> cheers,
>
>              Mark
My BF's job went to China so he opened a T-shirt store:
http://www.cafepress.com/abiegen.13058271