[thelist] Software auditing

Peter L. Schlueter peter.schlueter at pcadvocates.com
Mon Oct 11 13:06:52 CDT 2004

I just had this dropped in my lap.
My boss wants me to audit our PC's and servers to determine what software we
have installed and match the installed software with existing
individual/seat licenses we have on file.  Something to do with SOX or GLB?
Anybody know of any freeware/shareware/commercial software up to the task?
We have a mix of Win machines; 98,2k, XP and NT4 servers.  I'm the Web
person, but the IT person is no longer with us and since I can talk the talk
(not walk the walk), the job fell into my lap.  My big mouth may have got me
into trouble again.
Any help would be appreciated.
Pete

---