[thelist] callingm sql stored proc using asp

Brian Delaney brian.delaney at mccmh.net
Tue Oct 12 14:52:12 CDT 2004

I am calling a stored proc on my sql server from asp.

For some reason if I call this sp sp_returnwhosnew I get the error
"that this operation not allowed when the object is closed"

here is the asp:

<%

Call OpenJailDivConn()

sDate = FormatDateTime(now, 2)

Set rsJailDiv = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
strSQL = "sp_returnwhosnewtest "
rsJailDiv.Open strSQL, JailDivConn
iCtr = 0
DIM varlname
DIM var
If NOT rsJailDiv.EOF Then
    while not rsJailDiv.EOF
etc. etc.

If I changed the strSQL to any other sp it works fine.

The SP uses a ##TEMP table and also calls a user defined function that
does date manipulation. Is this the problem?

Any help will be appreciated.

*
*
*
This message, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use of the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or priveleged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this communication(s) is expressly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy any and all copies of the original message.