[thelist] Client-side or Server-side Form Validation?

Scott Brady dsbrady at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 15:14:12 CDT 2004

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:25:03 -0500, Rob Smith wrote:
> Which do you prefer? Client-side or Server-side form validation? All
> languages/platforms are up for grabs here. This is general web development
> preference.

I prefer using both.  However, if I have to use one or the other, the
answer is definitely server-side validation.  Users can disable
client-side validation. They don't have that option with server-side
validation.  Also, I don't have to worry about any browser
compatibility issues with server-side.  For me, it's really no
contest.

Scott