[thelist] asp/sql security

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 11:21:59 CDT 2004

Brian,

Will these apps only ever be accessed from within your internal
network, or do the "right people" need to be able to access them from
home, etc.

If the former, you can just block out all non-local IP addresses and
bypass the need for a password altogether. Of course, if the data is
*highly* sensitive, you probably don't want to only limit by local IP,
because a black hat could bring a laptop to your facility and hook
into your network, then have free access to it all.

Thanks,

--
Matt Warden
Miami University