[thelist] asp/sql security

Brian Delaney brian.delaney at mccmh.net
Wed Oct 13 12:12:23 CDT 2004

These are Intranet apps and only specific people can access them on a
non-ip specific computer.
Inother words they move around.

Matt Warden wrote:

>Brian,
>
>Will these apps only ever be accessed from within your internal
>network, or do the "right people" need to be able to access them from
>home, etc.
>
>If the former, you can just block out all non-local IP addresses and
>bypass the need for a password altogether. Of course, if the data is
>*highly* sensitive, you probably don't want to only limit by local IP,
>because a black hat could bring a laptop to your facility and hook
>into your network, then have free access to it all.
>

>Thanks,
>
>On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 11:59:50 -0400, Brian Delaney
><brian.delaney at mccmh.net> wrote:
>

>>On my new Intranet web site I have added a couple applications.
>>
>>I do not want the general public to be able to access the apps.

*
*
*
This message, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use of the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or priveleged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this communication(s) is expressly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy any and all copies of the original message.