[thelist] Secpay payments in PHP (SOLVED)

Simon Perry thelist at si-designs.co.uk
Thu Oct 14 09:05:31 CDT 2004

Simon Perry wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to integrate secpay payments into a site and I'm not having
> a lot of joy. I want to keep the clients on my secure server and
> process the cards transparently. To this end I have tried secpay's
> XML-RPC , SOAP and XML implementation but each seems to have a
> different issue.
>
> XML-RPC as far as I can tell the response I get is malformed and
> causes phpxmlrpc to throw an error. The XML string below is from the
> debug output, trying to parse the result with any of the phpxmlrpc
> functions just causes the fatal error.
>
> <?xml version="1.0"
>
> *Fatal error*:  Call to undefined function:  kindof() in
> */home/securec/lib/xml-rpc/xmlrpc.inc* on line *1382*
>
> If I read the specs correctly the <value> tag should contain an
> additional <string> tag.

For completeness I'm replying to my own thread.

Couldn't get passed the error in XML_RPC so I gave up on this tack.

> SOAP there seems to be a bug in the PEAR soap client that means it
> falls over when you try to use it over https connections. Anyone had
> any success here or have a work around?

I thought I would have another crack at the SOAP implementation.

I have Perl available and SOAP::Lite so I had a go with that, what a
doddle a grand total of four lines and It just works (tm).

But... the rest of my application is written in PHP and I didn't really
want to dive off  to Perl for one little bit. Enter NuSOAP[0] and
success at last.

> XML using curl to post the query exactly as it is in the manual
> results in an error moaning about invalid user every time even though
> I'm using the public secpay test user account.

Didn't get as far as trying this again as NuSOAP worked just fine.

[0] http://dietrich.ganx4.com/nusoap/index.php