[thelist] js error - the callee is not available - no pop-ups at all in IE

David Caplan dcaplan at fusebox.com
Thu Oct 14 18:28:20 CDT 2004

I'm getting this javascript error in IE (not NS):

"The callee (server[not server application]) is not available and
disappeared; all connections are invalid. The call did not execute."

It is preventing me from launching any javascript pop-up windows IE on any
site. Netscape will still launch a pop-up.

This error seems to have coincided with my most recent security updates to
windows 2K (win 2k, sp4, 5.00.2195), but I ran all the updates on another
machine in my office and it seems to work fine. In order to try and fix it,
the other thing I did was install spybot and remove all spyware/adware that
was on my system.

Any ideas? I'm pretty stumped. Not much luck on Google.

Thanks,

Dave

PS While you might think that living with no pop-ups is a pleasure, it
actually kind of sucks.