[thelist] Website in Multiple Languages

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Fri Oct 15 17:18:36 CDT 2004

I'm coming on board to help with an approx 50 page English language
site, currently all static HTML. The client plans to offer Spanish
versions of some, possibly all, of the pages. Creating duplicates of
each page is possible but not very attractive sounding.

As a general matter, what methods are used to present content in
multiple languages? I was thinking some sort of CMS where the data is
stored in a db and translated "on the fly" into the appropriate
language -- but I'm new to this area.

The site will be on a shared windows/iis server with
ColdFusion/ASP/Perl and Access/MySQL/SQL capability.

Thanks.

Regards,
Bob Haroche
O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s