[thelist] Site Check: Netscape & Mac Help Needed

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Tue Oct 19 13:59:58 CDT 2004

Casey wrote:

> What does "not web based" mean? Code on the client?

Contribute is desktop software so it runs on a workstation (windows or mac).
Hence your client can't login from any old computer to edit the site. MM has
a 30 day full trial version available for download.

> Also, Macromedia is a solid company, but don't most of their products need
> to be run on Cold Fusion?

No. In fact, Contribute works best on static HTML pages not dynamic pages
(CFML, ASP, PHP, etc.).  All Contribute requires to edit a remote site is an
internet connection. As for the remote server, if you can ftp login to the
web space, you can use Contribute.

HTH.

Regards,
Bob Haroche