Admin: Re: [thelist] Can we institute a temporary spam filter?

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Wed Oct 20 07:10:09 CDT 2004

On Tuesday, October 19, 2004  @114, M. Seyon wrote:

>Something that catches any email with words like "vote", "elections",
>"President" or any of its derivates and holds it for administrative review?
>This need only exist for, I dunno, however many weeks it is till you
>Americans vote.

I don't know whether we'll need to go down that route just yet, I'll be
keeping an extra close eye on list traffic in the next couple of weeks
and hope to head off any OT posts before they escalate.

But as a friendly reminder people; this is a *worldwide* (not just the
U.S.A) list for web development, please stay on topic. We have a list for
anything not web development at http://lists.evolt.org/mailman/listinfo/
thechat

I'm CC'ing the sysadmin list in on this and we'll see what the other
admins think about the filter idea.

<tip author="Garrett Coakley" type="Local W3C validator">

Did you know that you can download and install a local copy of the W3C
HTML validator (local webserver and Perl required):

http://validator.w3.org/docs/install.html

</tip>