[thelist] RE: external URL logo not displaying

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Mon Oct 25 08:54:41 CDT 2004

Message from ANDREA STREIGHT (10/25/2004 04:52 AM)
>What causes an external URL logo to not display?

Your emails are usually very long and wordy. That's probably good for
writing articles, but when you want someone to help you solve a website
problem, a picture is worth a thousand words. Why not show us the offending
page? I'm sure it'll be easier to help that way rather than groping around
in the dark for possible causes.

>I know this is basic, fundamental HTML problem, but there is so much corrupt
>code out there, and I'm no programmer.
>What HTML book should I buy as a handy reference for such problems?

Two good reference books, in my opinion, are:
- HTML For the World Wide Web, 5th edition, with XHTML and CSS, Elizabeth
Castro, ISBN 0321130073
- HTML & XHTML: The Definitive Guide, Fifth Edition, Chuck Musciano, Bill
Kennedy, ISBN 059600382X

The first is very useful as a beginner's guide as it walks you through each
set of tags with examples to explain the different attributes. The second
is, as the name suggests, quite bulky and indeed definitive but probably
too heavy for someone beginning to learn html. I find the two complement
each other nicely.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/