[thelist] What is you favorite web font?

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 10:43:24 CDT 2004

Here is a question that keeps coming up every once in a while and one
that I have not seen on the list for quite a while. Therefore, it
should be asked again.

What is your favorite font for standard text for a website?

A little while ago it was Georgia, Geneva, and Verdana. Is this still
the case or have most people rebelled against these and moved on to
other fonts? Have better fonts come up that replace these ones? What
fonts are ubiqitous enough to safely place on a website?

I am not looking to start a holy war of serif vs. sans-serif or
anything here. Just looking for people's opinions as to what are the
best fonts to use on the web at this time.

Thank,
--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd