[thelist] Publishing documents

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed Oct 27 11:19:57 CDT 2004

Hi all,

My client has asked me to find a way to publish their documents online so
that they can access them remotely.  They have a need to publish both data
files, such as Word Documents, Spreadsheets, and PDF's, as well as files
generated by the scanner.  I've found many solutions to scan and catalog
documents... Some of which use a database format compatible with ODBC so I
can publish them via the web.  Most are 500-1500 USD or so.  But, those
don't seem to be able to manage both scanned and data files on an even keel.

Does anybody have any suggestions on client-side applications that can
assist a user with previewing and indexing a good number of files quickly,
be them scans or data files?  Ideally, the resulting index would be
something I could export to a webserver or use directly to drive a website.

Thanks.

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.