[thelist] [apache] multiple applications (domains) on one server

Paul Bennett paul at web-business-pack.com
Sun Oct 31 14:44:57 CST 2004

Hi there,
I am an Apache N00b who is getting to grips with documentroot,
virtualhost ect.

Q: I have ny current documentroot (dev server) set up to one application
directory
eg: /public/application1/

Trouble is I now want to also run and develop for /public/application2/
and apache sees doc root as inside public/application1 /

I know it is possible to run multiple sites / applications on one server
and have had a luckless try with virtualhost in the httpd.conf file, can
anyone give me some pointers as to how this can be set up?

(this is on apache 1.3.27 -> Win2k if that makes a difference)

Many thanks,

Paul B