[thelist] Mac/Netscape - User account locations

Belinda Johnson belinda at prodsol.net
Mon Nov 1 08:01:16 CST 2004

Can anyone tell me how Netscape 7.0 (Gecko) stores user accounts on a Mac
OS?

I was doing a favor for a friend on Friday and revising some email accounts
for him when his graphic designer left - some of the email was being stored
in Outlook Express - which was fine - deleting an account name/changing it
to a new name still leaves the messages intact - but unfortunately - this
designer also used Netscape mail for a lot of his communication - and during
the course of revising the accounts to match the other set - I removed that
original account - and literally everything disappeared in the space of
seconds (from view).

Any suggestions to try to retrieve these Netscape mail files? We did not
shut down the computer over the weekend or reboot - as I had to be out of
town and couldn't deal with it again until today.

Many thanks

Belinda