[thelist] RE: Best CMS for Art Gallery

Julia julia at juliadesigns.net
Mon Nov 1 09:16:32 CST 2004

< I might be in this position soon, too. This link and others suggested here
look fine for personal photo albums, but I'm not convinced they would meet
the needs for actual traditional "art galleries", meaning the online
presence of a commercial gallery that promotes artwork by multiple artists.
This would require artist bio pages at the very least, and maybe more design
flexibility in general than most online album sites provide. Can you see the
packages that were suggested as being this flexible, or are there others
that would meet this need better?
<

What about using something like Gallery embedded into a CMS system, like
phpnuke for example?
You could then design the site in your own colours/style etc, add artists'
bios and info, and also display the actual artwork in the embedded Gallery?
There may well be better commercial solutions, but this is actually free
(opensource). You only have your hosting costs to deal with then.
Just a thought....
Julia