[thelist] imap

raditha dissanayake jabber at raditha.com
Tue Nov 2 07:19:00 CST 2004

Stephane Deschamps (nota-bene.org) wrote:

><quote who="Kasimir K">
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>What do you think: will IMAP work nicely, even if they have a couple
>>hundred MB of mail (not in inbox though, but in sub folders)? How about
>>email client: is Thunderbird good for IMAP? Any other recommendations?
>>Any special considerations?
>>

>I'm using IMAP for five subscriptions on a single address, totaling
>something like 120 emails a day, and I haven't decided if my evolt email
>account will migrate to IMAP or be kept as POP yet: it's very interesting,
>feature-wise, but really slow already, even when you consider that all
>this weighs no more than, say 200KB a day.

As some  one who has been using IMAP for over 5 years, I am pretty sure
your server is not configured as well as it should be.

>BTW Thunderbird does a transparent job of dealing with IMAP. The client
>interface is exactly the same as any POP account.

Nearly all mail clients I have used (outhouse and outhouse express does
not figure in the list) behave pretty much the same wether you use pop
or imap.

--
Raditha Dissanayake.