[thelist] imap

apathetic apatheticgenius at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 07:47:32 CST 2004

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 10:28:52 +0200, Kasimir K <evolt at kasimir-k.fi> wrote:
> What do you think: will IMAP work nicely, even if they have a couple
> hundred MB of mail (not in inbox though, but in sub folders)?

Yes, it should be fine.  I use IMAP daily with a similar amount of
mail, with no problems.  IMAP is designed for exactly this, and only
message headers are downloaded until you click on a message to view
the full content.

IMAP is ideal for people who move to different machines regularly.
All of your email is available to any machine with an internet
connection.  However, this may also be a serious problem if your
client is on the road without an internet connection, as he won't be
able to access much more than the cached message headers.

> How about email client: is Thunderbird good for IMAP?

Yes, it's ideal for IMAP.

Tim

--
www.apatheticgenius.com