[thelist] Emails not going out IIS 5 vs. Exchange Server 5.5

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Tue Nov 2 12:26:03 CST 2004

Rob Smith wrote:

> I'm getting this Event ID warning in my system logs of my web server:
>
> Message delivery to the remote domain 'domain.com' failed.  The error
> message is 'An SMTP protocol error occurred.
> '. The SMTP verb which caused the error is 'RCPT'.  The response from the
> remote server is '550 Relaying is prohibited

Make sure your local SMTP service is setup to accept for relay, the
local "public/private" IP and 127.0.0.1.

--
Anthony Baratta

Some changes are so slow, you don't notice them.
Others are so fast, they don't notice you.